Friday, August 10, 2018

Ranking the CSI franchise

There’s a post that I figured I should do where I rank the CSI franchise from worst to best. This can be my next random post. I might explain more of when I’m doing these random posts in the future or I might not. Just as long as you know when to expect these (randomly), it will be updated. Before I get to the worst of the franchise, I might as well go through what I’m not ranking, even if it is technically part of the franchise.

There are three shows that had crossovers with the other shows in the franchise. They are Two and a Half Men, Cold Case, and Without a Trace. I could rank them among the rest of the franchise, but I will not. Regarding Two and a Half Men, that would clearly be below every other part of this CSI shows. As for Without a Trace, I liked that more than the rest of the franchise. Regarding Cold Case, I never saw a whole episode of it from start to finish so I can’t exactly rank it with the others. How would I rank the four parts of it? Well, let’s start with #4 then work our way up to the top.

CSI: Miami- This is the worst part of the franchise to me. Why do I say that? Well, there were different problems with it. For one, it was too dark for me to like as much as others. Outside of the core main characters in the cast, we never saw much of the cast and it changed a lot. A lot of the plots were bad and the ending didn’t really wrap everything up despite how long it lasted.

CSI- Maybe it is because I saw it too late into its run and not earlier that it just didn’t seem like there were a lot of good episodes towards the end. This might have been the only one to have jumped the shark and just kept going even though it was out of good ideas. I hope to see the earlier episodes of it in the future because I still liked it generally, just not for as long as it lasted.

CSI: Cyber- While others hate this show more than the rest of the franchise, I quite enjoyed it. I don’t rank it as the best because it did still have issues with it not being as believable as others. It seemed more like a blip on the radar in the end and some might hate the fact that it was the last one left on the air, even if it was the shortest lasting of all of them. Still it was different than the others and was the only spin-off to not just seem like a carbon copy of the original.

CSI: New York- I like this one the best because of its well rounded cast that was fairly consistent despite being on the air for nine seasons. It had the best ending of all the shows and worked pretty well on its own. The main character seemed more heroic than any of the others and it seemed to have the best plots overall. I can’t think of much, of anything, that I didn’t like about this.


Well, that’s about it for this post. If you read my other blogs, then it would make more sense as to when this blog will be updated. I just hope that other people understand it as I might be the only one who cares when this blog is updated and others just expect it whenever and not even notice things like that. I do think that I did a good ranking of the shows so you can do your own lists if you agree with it or not. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment