Saturday, February 9, 2019

CSI: Cyber season 1 review

You might wonder why this blog is being updated now. Well, that doesn’t really matter that much and I think that you should know by now to expect random posts at random times. Indeed, even I didn’t know until yesterday for sure that I’d be making this random post now when I am. So let’s write this post and get into a full-fledged review of the first season of this show.

Season 1 overview: There didn’t seem to be any main, recurring storylines this season outside of what Avery wanted to do by figuring out who hacked an account that got her client killed. We learn more of the team in question and some of them were given some plots and character development.

How this season was different than others: This was the only season to have Simon as a character and he never seemed to amount to much of anything as a character, sadly. There was a storyline about the death of Dan’s parents that played into the storyline a bit.

What made it good: This, to me, proved for the first time ever that a spin-off of CSI could be more than just a carbon copy of the original as it was different instead of more of just the same. The plots to me seemed very original in some places and believable too.

What made it bad: There weren’t recurring storylines to keep people more interested in this. A lot of the plots were widely mocked by various people. I didn’t like how an episode partly focused on Miami but had none of the characters from that part of the franchise.

More thoughts on it: I quite like this season and this show. I would probably rank the second season as the better one, though. To me, the plots were nearly as ridiculous and others made it out to be. I did think that it was possible that these things could have happened in some way.


Well, that’s all for me for this random post. I hope that I can come up with other random posts should I ever have to. I actually want to cover other seasons in the CSI franchise, but I haven’t seen a lot of the earlier episodes of other shows to know what to cover of them. Well, I can include at least one of them as I have the first season of one of them. I guess you’ll have to stay tuned to potentially find out what it is. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment