Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Good Place season 3 review

It is now time to review the third season of The Good Place. I’m hoping that I can get all that I want to do done in the future. Now I will get through this season and talk some about what happened through it as I get through this and hopefully the next season next month. Now let’s get to review.

Season 3 overview: A new timeline was started on earth with all the members of the soul squad having now gotten a second chance at life and redeeming themselves to do better for the future. A lot would change for them and it gets difficult to keep track of due to constant memory wipes. Some of the romances would change a bit, only to go back to how they should be. We briefly saw the actual good place at one point, although not the common area.

How this season was different than others: It probably spent more of its current time in earth than any other season. We normally only saw earth in flashbacks in season 1 and wouldn’t see much of it in any of the other seasons.

What made it good: More was learned about the characters than we ever saw or knew before. This could be considered a given, but this season might have given us the most character development in certain places. Many enjoyed the episode Janet(s) and feel that there should have been a best acting award given for that performance where D’Arcy Carden played the other main characters and even one character pretending to be another one.

What made it bad: Some of this seemed to be all over the place throughout the season with some of the plots dropped without being developed as well as it could be. The plots seemed to keep changing as the season went on with it hard to tell how it got from point a to point b.

More thoughts on it: I missed a lot of this season as it aired and really only saw the second half. But I did look up the plots of all of the episodes before writing this post. I think that it could be described as a middle of the road season, although I never really ranked them at all and am not sure that I will. I could as we’ll have to see the posts that I can make of this in the future. 

That’s all that worth talking about in this post. There’s plenty more that I could say about this, but will not as I haven’t seen it and know that I do want to see all of this in the future at some point. I will end the post here. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment