Thursday, June 10, 2021

My History as a Fan of the CSI Franchise

With CSI: Vegas set to premiere later this year, there is hope that the franchise will return with at least that one show in the future. Whether the franchise will ever grow back to what it was is unknown. I just hope that it doesn’t go to streaming services as that would be a dick move.

 

While I do plan to talk more about the future of the franchise as what they could do in the future with the new show as well as other thoughts about it before that, I might as well talk about how I got into the franchise and why I blogged about CSI: Cyber.

 

You see, it was a big deal for a while when CSI started and they later added both CSI: Miami and CSI: New York since the shows were popular. The three of them might have been the longest lasting existing franchise for a while until it fizzled out in the end. Some wanted there to be more, but I had a hunch that turned out to be correct that they wouldn’t add more to it unless existing shows were to end first. Now television has changed so much that I doubt that there would be a limit to the number of shows in a franchise that could air all at once.

 

There was just one problem for me with the franchise at the time. I was too young for it when it started. There is a character in the franchise that has my name. I remember a person I know talking about this in grade school. It was at some point in high school that I started to take an interest.

 

My brother was watching an episode of CSI: Miami that I believe was a season finale that focused on a kidnapping. For some reason, I am interested in that as a storyline and a bit of it in reality, although I doubt that I could read a book by a kidnapped person. That might be the only true crime that I like in a way for some reason (I find it weird, but perhaps it is not) as I don’t want to see murder mysteries on Dateline or 20/20. I decided that I would watch that show from that moment forward.

 

Of course, there were still two other shows in the franchise worth checking out so after ignoring the CSI trilogy, I got into the rest of the franchise by seeing the main show and also CSI: New York. This means that I had missed all of the time that Gil Grimson was a main part of the show. I wouldn’t remember or know offhand just for sure when I started watching any of these shows. But I do know that Ray was written off of the show between seasons, much to my annoyance of how they handled it.

 

I was one of the few people who actually liked CSI: Cyber when it was on. I also had this rule based on the timeslot of when it aired as to how and when I could create new blogs based on shows that aired on Sundays at the time. This blog got to be created as a result. After the show ended, I continued this blog with other updates where I talked about what the show’s cast and main writers were doing now.

 

It will be interesting with both Sara and Gil on the show at the same time again as they had a weird sort of marriage on the show where we never saw them together after it happened as the actors who played them were not on the show again until the finale movie like event. That could be something that the new show could finally do right again. How many of the old characters from the original show or from other places in the franchise could appear on the new show is unknown. But I look forward to it. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment