Sunday, July 18, 2021

Expectations of CSI: Vegas

With a new part of the franchise coming for the first time since CSI: Cyber ended back in 2016, it might be difficult in some ways not to expect too much of a show that may be an event series in the end. But it could be a long term show if it does well enough. What can one expect from the new show? Well, I will tell you some of what I want, but start with some background into it.

 

Sometime last year, there was a plan for an event series celebrating the 20th anniversary of the CSI franchise. This couldn’t happen as the pandemic delayed many things like the annual procrastinator’s convention that I was wanting to go to that got postponed again. But it seems like they are finally moving forward with the show.

 

Since it is meant to celebrate the anniversary of the franchise, we still don’t know who else from all of the four main shows before it could appear beyond what is already announced. If some of them will be seen a lot throughout the whole series, however long or short it might be, that could be a good thing. I would like to see more than just the usual franchise episode, however good or bad it may be.

 

The characters returning are Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle, David Hodges, and Jim Brass. Jim is only confirmed as a guest right now. Hopefully, they won’t kill him off, or maybe he is only returning as a courtesy with his potential death in the pilot being a drive that moves the series forward. I mean, they did confirm in the teaser that the first episode would end on a cliffhanger. If that happens, know that I predicted that it could. Sorry if this is seen as a spoiler. It’s not like I know what will happen.

 

Now it will be good to finally seen Gil and Sara as a normal married couple. I get confused some by what had happened with the show, with Wikipedia mentioning that they were divorced at some point. But I think that they will be together for a while. The main show’s problem with the couple was that they weren’t together at the same time for a long since Sara’s actress was gone for a while only to return after Gil’s actor left. Thus, we never saw a normal married couple from the two of them. We might get to see them as normal since they are returning and should be together.

 

What I am hoping is that other major characters from outside the main show, such as Miami, New York, and even Cyber will appear in the show at some point over time. I know that Miami had left some plots unresolved and it would be nice to see them come back to it over time. It would also be nice to see them catch up on other characters from the franchise in a good way that would work for at least one episode if not a whole story arc. You could even get some people to return that may have retired from acting otherwise. Or not. But we’ll never know unless we see it.

 

That’s all that I can think of for this post. I’m hoping that the next cast update of this blog will be more complete in some ways so that everything in it will be caught up to the present. I missed my chance to see a special on Gossip Girl that the CW aired in advance of the HBO reboot, but this is actually fine by me since the show never looked good to me. (This also means that I won’t know if I’m wrong about it.) Still, I’m looking forward to the upcoming CSI: Vegas and can only hope that it airs more than just a handful of episodes. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment