Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Good Place season 4 review

Hopefully it won’t be too long for me to write this post. It all depends on just how long the Wikipedia synopsis on each of the episodes winds up being. Hopefully it is more manageable than Elementary’s are. Most of them need to be trimmed done. Now let’s get to this season’s review.

 

Season 4 overview: Starting with a new afterlife experiment and Chidi’s memories erased for who knows what time, the soul squad works on saving all of humanity and has to worry about dealing with people from their past in the rigged afterlife. Too much of it might have been spent on dealing with some of the new characters that it was hard to appreciate what we are used to. But we get to the people in the end and they save humanity.

 

How this season was different than others: As the last season, it would have a more final aspect to it that we wouldn’t see in other seasons. Not much was seen of the real bad place and this was the only time that we saw the actual good place.

 

What made it good: They did pretty well wrapping everything up in the end giving a satisfying conclusion while also staying true to who these people are in the end. The ending was enjoyable to many and I think that it did work out pretty well in the end.

 

What made it bad: Too much of this seems to focus on myths about heaven such as the idea that it would be very boring up there over time. I know that a lot of this would never happen, although I never once would expect Hollywood to get the idea of heaven and hell right. Too much of this seemed to be kind of random in the end.

 

More thoughts on it: I probably missed more of this than any other season of this show. I only saw the last three episodes if you count the last multi-part episode as just one episode. But I think that I did get a good enough feel from what I was able to see out of it in the end.

 

Well, this is my last review of The Good Place for this blog as there are no other seasons left yet to blog about. I might do some of the show All Rise since that has been covered in this blog some so I might as well say that it could potentially come in the future or maybe won’t for quite a while. It depends on what other movies I can blog about in the meantime. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment