Saturday, November 26, 2022

Tech: Farewell to Twitter

I first have to start out by offering an apology. I was going to write in the last cast update that I was going to start doing a recurring theme of random posts of this blog dedicated to tech. This is in order to cover all of the blog posts that I will now need to do until I don’t have to do them anymore. I would have stated that then, but this wasn’t mentioned in my rush to get the blog post done.

 

Anyways, in my first tech post in this blog, I figure that I might as well talk about twitter. I have a twitter account. I plan to get on it one last time soon. But I’m not deactivating it in the event that I want to come back to it at some point in the future. The main reason that I want to get on is to delete old tweets of mine. And I want to post just a few more tweets. I want my last tweet to be one that I feel is perfect for the occasion.

 

If you haven’t been following the news, Elon Musk bought twitter and everything went to hell. The main problem with the chief twat, or twit as he calls himself, is that he posted conspiracy theories. He wants to make sure that everyone can get twitter including reinstating banned users like the insurrectionist who finally won the popular vote with a poll that could bring him back.

 

Things are only going to get worse from here with me not feeling that twitter is worth it anymore. This is a site that I’ve used to live tweet things that I watched on TV. I still might want to go there in order to complain about the Oscars excluding TV stars or to vent about the next Republican National Convention in 2024. But this is a site that I twice gave up for Lent in consecutive years to a site that I didn’t use as much. I also started using it for posting stuff that I felt facebook might censor or to transfer what I had cared about from Google+ before it was taken down. I just can’t use that site anymore knowing all of the shit that’s going to keep happening with it. I will post this blog post on both facebook and twitter while also posting my tentative last tweet on facebook once it is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment