Saturday, August 19, 2023

Tech: If I Gave up Blogging for Lent

While what I give up for Lent always changes from year to year and has increased from time to time, it is worth noting that something that I could do in the future is give up blogging for Lent. I might not give up all of my blogs, just some of them.

 

The most ideal year for me to have done this was actually back in 2021, but this didn’t happen. I do not yet know if I will give up all of my blogs. I could avoid doing some of my blogs during this time and point to this post as to why I did this.

 

A site that I often go to promoted Trump content. While this site does randomized ads, meaning that anyone and anything could be promoted, I still gave it up for the rest of that month and all of the next. I will also give it up for Lent next year.

 

This could happen with imdb, the internet movie database. I haven’t known them to promote this type of content at all, but it could happen. Since I rely on that site exclusively for cast updates, I will skip any blogs during that time and give them up for Lent as well. Some may have exceptions as they could still be updated, just not cast updates in them. Others, I’d just ignore then explain later what went on. If there are OCD reasons why I do a blog, then I’ll keep doing them until I can give it up.

 

Ultimately, I won’t know for sure if I ever give up this or any other blogs that I do during Lent. I think that regardless of if I’m able to tell blog readers about it in advance or not, I’ll point readers of that blog to this blog post should it happen until Lent is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment