Saturday, August 26, 2023

Tech: Threads and Why I Won’t be Using it

There is this new social media craze called Threads. It seeks to be an alternative to twitter or x as it is now known. Ever since twitter went to hell, people have been looking at something that they feel could best replace it. Is Threads that thing? Well, I won’t be using it myself. And I’ll explain why.

 

You see, the main reason that I hate twitter now is because they let Trump back on it. You know who else also let Trump back on? Facebook. Why would I get an account through another Meta based site (Threads) when I don’t even like using facebook as much anymore? I won’t get on facebook on Fridays ever again (unless Trump is banned for good or dead). Thus, I won’t be using Threads.

 

There are other alternatives that people are using to twitter. One is mastodon, which I plan to use, but have not yet used. Hive social is another, but I can’t use that as I don’t have a phone that has apps on it. Plus, I wouldn’t want to use something designed for phones anyways. The third one that I know of is called tumblr. But that seems to have too much nudity on it in my mind from what I’ve heard. I like to stay away from that.

 

And there you have it. Another new, well, thread is here. I will not be taking part in it myself. We’ll see just how big of a thing it becomes. And I don’t seem to care too much. I haven’t had all that much interest in a lot of the existing social media sites like Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, TikTok, and others that I can’t think of at the moment. So why would I care about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment