Monday, July 18, 2016

Cast Update 7-18-2016

Well, when the show ended, I started publishing all of the episodes on Saturdays in this blog. Then, I moved it to Sunday. After that, the blog was briefly changed to Monday. Well, this will be the last of the weekly updates and I'm now going back to irregular monthly updates. You'll see this blog being updated once a month in the future. I won't always know when it will be updated each month, but you will see a new focus of this blog for a while. In fact, my blog may have a new focus forever as updates about what the cast and head writers of this show are doing now.

Here is the first post of cast updates on the three creators and seven main cast members of the show. This will be the main feature of the blog until further notice. I still don’t know if the end of this show means the very end of the franchise of CSI. If there’s more to the franchise, I’ll either post it in this blog or start a new one (of which I’ll share the link here). I don’t know when or if they’ll reboot the franchise. There could be movies. I mean, since CSI: Miami has been gone so long they could reunite the characters that they can get back for a theatrical or made for TV movie. I’ll also keep you updated on when I can get DVDs of this show in the future. I might do more random stuff in these blog posts as well. Anyways, I might as well get to the first of many cast updates. In future updates, any new information will be in comic sans ms instead of times new roman.

Patricia Arquette: The main star of CSI: Cyber only has one future project mentioned on imdb right now (and I’m probably only going to use imdb to track future projects of people). But, this is a pretty notable sequel in the work. While we don’t know what role she might have in the movie, it looks like she will be lending her voice talent to that of Toy Story 4. I don’t know what other roles she might take in the future, but we’ll find out more about that later.

Toy Story 4: I still don’t know what to make of this movie. Most of us probably found the idea of Toy Story 3 to be ridiculous, but loved the movie when we saw it in the end. Fourth installments of movies tend to get intense hatred from critics and fans. I’ll let you know my thought eventually when I’m able to see it. But its release date is a long ways off (at least it has one, though). On June 15th, 2018, this movie will be released. There is not yet a trailer for it, but they probably aren’t anywhere near that far into making the movie to have even a teaser for it just yet. Likewise, I will keep track of any information about this film as long as it is still has either Patricia Arquette or someone from this movie in it.

Peter Macnicol: This actor left CSI: Cyber after just one season with it and then pretty much nothing interesting has happened with him in either television or movies. He appeared in a video game (which I will not review myself in these updates) and had some guest appearances on shows. The only thing that I can make for him in terms of new projects is Tangled: Before Ever After. Now this will not get its own section yet. Why is that? For now, this is not going to appear as a show until 2017. And that’s provided that it actually becomes a show. Besides that, I’m not convinced at the moment that Peter is going to have a long term role in the show. I’ll have to do more research in the future.

James Van Der Beek: It would appear that nothing new is on the front of this actor at the moment. If there is, imdb doesn’t mention any new projects and only mentions CSI: Cyber as the most recent thing that I did. Hopefully things will change in the future or you’ll never see updates here for him at least.

Shad Moss: Like James, Shad doesn’t seem to have anything new projects that imdb knows about, if he has any at all. So I’ll have to hope for future updates in later months, because he doesn’t have anything new right now.

Charley Koontz: Here is yet another CSI: Cyber actor who doesn’t have anything new yet for me to write about in this blog. So there might be something good in the future for him. There might be something bad in the future as well. But there’s nothing at all to mention for now.

Hayley Kiyoko: Well, here we are at someone who actually does have a future project in the work. She has a movie in the works called XOXO. That’s all the new projects of hers that I know of at the moment. It looks like she has starred in horror films in the past so that might be more of what she’ll be doing in the future. We’ll see if that happens or not.

XOXO: This movie is about six people sharing some strange romantic night of some sort. It looks like a romantic drama of some sort. The release date for it is August 26, 2016. There is not a trailer for the movie yet. Sadly, I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to see it since it appears to be a Netflix exclusive. Well, we’ll see what the future of this movie is and I’ll do more research for the next update.

Ted Danson: This is the only actor who would for sure not have been on a potential season 3 of the show. And his pilot was picked up so it’s good that he can still be on TV for now. It looks like he’s going back to comedies. He will be appearing on The Good Place on NBC. Now it appears that imdb didn’t mention the show on Ted’s page possibly because of how new it is. I would have to say that this is potentially good news for the people that I couldn’t find information about.

The Good Place: This will be an NBC comedy on at 8:30/7:30 Central on Thursdays. It will debut on September 19th and move to its normal time slot on September 22nd. It appears to be an afterlife based comedy for some sort and that Ted will appear on it in some sort of supporting role. I don’t think that there will be anything to say about it until its premiere so I guess I’ll just have it in these updates until I can actually review it.

Anthony E Zuiker: It would appear that for now there are no future projects in the work for this franchise creator. I have the feeling that if the franchise is rebooted, he’ll probably have some sort of role in it returning. They’d probably want him before they’d want someone else as it is his franchise. But the problem then becomes whether or not the franchise is actually dead. Whether or not a franchise can actually die is debatable at best. I have the feeling that he might be best suited trying to write something new like movies or a new type of drama. But we’ll see what future, if any, he has in Hollywood.

Carol Mendelsohn: She appears to have a project in the works called In the Line of Fire. I don’t know much about this project. It’s possible that it was a rejected pilot that she did. But I don’t know much information about it yet. Hopefully it can get its own section in the future. I don’t know much about In the Line of Fire except that it is a TV show. I don’t know a plot, what network it would be on, who would be in it, what type of show it is, or anything like that. I will tell you more about it (should it even be a real project, that is) in future updates.

Ann Donahue: There’s no new information about this writer. I’m sure that she’ll probably find something, but I’m not sure when. Can she split ways with her CSI writers and launch out on her own? Does she need to? There will probably be something of hers to look out for in the future, but not at the moment. Hopefully she does in future updates or, like so much of this blog from here on out, you’ll just see a useless paragraph with no new updates.


Well, that’s all for this update. I’ll be back in the future with more updates. This will be a monthly update, but I won’t always know when in the month it will be in advance. Hopefully, I’ll be able to come up with a good time for some future updates. The new focus of this blog will be a work in progress. But when aren’t blogs works in progress? I’ll be back sometime next month with the next update. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment