Sunday, July 3, 2016

Season 2 Episode 18

I am convinced that CBS hates this show and probably has for some time. First they give it the worst time slot on their network. Then, they basically burn off episodes throughout the season. It won’t even give this show a full episode order. It should have at least four more episodes, but it doesn’t. It seems likely that this is the series finale of the show. And don’t even give me the argument that they promoted this as a season finale so it can’t be the series finale. I’ve known that type of ad was bullshit for some time now. I’m not sure if I can remember all of the shows that promoted their last episode as season finale instead of series finale. I just know that there was a lot.

Another nail in the coffin is that this is the only new CBS show tonight outside of 60 Minutes. There aren’t even new things leading into this episode. Can you believe that? This will be the least shocking/surprising cancelation of the season. The shock will be if this show gets renewed. But I will post future updates of the CSI franchise, if there are any. I can guarantee you that at least. And I promise at least one more post after this episode even if it is cancelled which it probably will be. Of course, you probably know that by the time that I’ve posted this.

Anyways, when it comes to series finales, there are only three different kinds of it in my mind. There are good finales, bad finales, and everything in between or average finales. What’s interesting is so far, each of the members of this franchise that has ended so far has, in my mind at least, represented each of the three finales. The ending to CSI: Miami seemed rushed and forced. It wasn’t a good way to end the series. But it wasn’t as bad as some of them and did not ruin the series for me the way an episode like China Syndrome did. CSI: New York did a good finale in my mind. It wasn’t as good as it could have been (the previous season finale was much better as a potential last episode, but I heard that the ending would have been different had the show actually been cancelled and it might not have been as good then), it certainly ended the show well enough. Then there was the original CSI’s ending, one especially made possible by a TV movie. While it was definitely better than not having that movie, it was simply an average ending that is neither good nor bad in the long run.

This show is being replaced on the schedule by Rush Hour. Meanwhile, The Good Wife, which replaced Without a Trace, a show that had a crossover with CSI and is thus connected to the franchise, is going to end and thus be replaced with another show. I won’t know what until the upfronts happen from May 16th to May 19th. The news of cancellations, including this show’s probable cancellation, will be on May 13th. With Elementary the new CBS punching bag by being put in the 10/9 Central time slot on Sundays, there is the possibility that I wind up creating a blog about it. I’m not sure yet if I will, but with it also a replacement for part of the CSI franchise (it effectively replaced CSI: Miami), it would be a better blog than other choices might be. I still don’t know if I’ll do one on Bob’s Burgers yet or not. But I know that midseason will probably not have the type of tape delay that would lead me to create a blog about it unless it airs at the same time next season. I don’t know how the ratings would change by a move to Sunday, but it looks likely to survive into at least one more season for now.

If I had to take a guess as to who would die in this episode, I’d go with Brody. I think that he is the most likely person. I don’t think that it would be Avery or D B. It could potentially be Elijah, but I’m not too sure about that. Daniel is a possibility, but I don’t see that as happening. It could be Raven, but I’m just not sure about that one. Meanwhile, they could be tricking us and it could be no major character on the show that dies. I remember when SVU promoted that a character would die and it was one that was only important to that episode. Why’d they promote a death anyways?

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with a random dead body in a pool that at first seems to have nothing to do with the rest of the episode. But they’ll probably get back to that. Anyways, Avery’s ex’s fiancĂ© talks to Avery about her man and how she doesn’t feel as close to him as she should be. I wish that I knew names so hopefully you know who I’m talking about. Elijah is missing at first, but it seems like he is just out with his father or some family member. The hack for good program is ending which affects Raven. They look at a family responsible for a possible hack and it appears that the kid of the family becomes the suspect.



The second part brings us the focus of today’s episode: legacy footprints- A digital data trail you unintentionally leave online. Jake, the kid they are looking for, may have left back-up information that Daniel tries to find. Daniel thinks that Jake may be a white hat hacker instead of a black hat hacker. I realize that there are different storylines that need to be wrapped up. I mean, there’s the Nina thing, D B’s lover, Avery’s ex, the hack for good thing falling apart, and possibly more that I can’t remember. But they look for more information relating to the case and find an injured person while Jake runs away.

The third part has more of the case and it seems that Jake is on the run from a criminal. Meanwhile, Avery wants her ex back, but he doesn’t seem to share these thoughts. D B uses the skin from the finger of the dead black guy (the one they call wizard) in order to access a computer. I’m not sure what else there is to say about this at the moment.

The fourth part has Jake escaping to a pool area. The team uses wi-fi in order to find him. D B calls him on his phone. Jake gets shot and winds up in the pool. He might have been the person in the pool earlier. But he isn’t dead as Daniel is able to rescue him. Avery reconnects with her ex by the looks of things. The criminal after Jake is caught. Nina confronts Elijah with a gun and D B ends up shot. At first one might think that D B is dead, but the last scene proves that he isn’t. I guess that nobody dies. I was worried there for a minute. I wonder why they lied to us in the promo. Brody becomes an agent officially while Raven gets to be a consultant. D B appears to have retired from the team with his lover. So it all ends well and I give this potential end to the show a good grade.


If this was the last episode, you might be wondering what will happen to this blog. Would I simply discontinue it with this being the last post? Well, if there is a season three, then we don’t have to worry about what might change. If there’s not, then I’ll be doing monthly updates of what happens with the cast and the three creators of the show. They will probably continue their careers in Hollywood. Meanwhile, if there is more to the franchise like a CSI: St. Louis that I’m pretty sure might get created or at least considered, then I’ll be sure to create a blog about that. We’ll see what happens. There will be more information in the next blog post. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment