Sunday, June 26, 2016

Season 2 Episode 17

In case you are wondering why this blog is now on Sundays instead of Saturdays, let me explain: I have moved my posts for The Good Wife blog of mine to Saturdays so that pushed this blog back. I moved the Good Wife blog back a day because I posted in my Madam Secretary blog on Friday. I might have posted that blog today instead of Friday, but I decided against that. I had a roll of a certain show which means I update my TV blog on that day. Since that day was Thursday when I updated my TV blog and I hadn't published in my Madam Secretary blog this month, I had to do an update there. I don't know yet if anything will mess up or change with the plan for the future. I just know that there should be three more posts in the next three weeks until you see monthly updates for a while. In fact, you'll probably only see monthly updates in the future. But I'll explain more soon. For now, let's get to the post on the penultimate episode of CSI: Cyber (and possibly the whole franchise).

It looks as if this show may be ending soon. Well, this season is. There is a slim possibility that it comes back for future seasons, but I doubt that will happen. Sorry if I sound like an Eeyore or depressing like that. But unlike some people, I’m never going to be in denial about a probable cancellation of a show. I may be a pessimist person generally (although that may not show up that much in life) so hopefully I don’t sound grim about things. With the CSI franchise, it seems that we never know when things end and they never end in May.

The first part has a recap of stuff I haven’t seen yet since I’m always watching most shows out of order. But I’ll mention that earlier. Get it? We get to a woman dancing around. Now I may not be attracted to men, but why aren’t they ever sexualized? It appears that a crime has been committed. But what is the cyber connection? Brody is doing something that he risks going to jail for. There could be weather coverage where I live. Hopefully it will only affect one of my CBS affiliates, if it affects one at all. The crime involved hacking maps to rob people. The team drives out to a crime scene. A victim is alive, which is good.

The second part brings us the focus of today’s episode: supercookie. The team looks for three women. D B talks to a woman he is dating, possibly. I’ll find out more later by watching earlier episodes. I forget if we’ve seen her thus far. Someone might have hacked rail road crossing signs. Brody tells Raven about his quest to clear his name. I’m glad that they are giving him a story. I just hope that they wrap things up before this show ends. They figure out what is behind the hack of railway crossing. Someone who is an accomplice (but maybe not willingly) talks to people about the crime.

The third part has people identifying their victim. They find out more information with the case. Once again they use magic computery things to find the person they are looking for. A person informs Avery about Brody’s plan to sue. The female victim was actually part of the crime against the man. But did something go wrong that got her hurt?

The fourth part is when the team looks through a place they somehow has access to where they look through potential evidence to the case. The criminals talk about the problems they had relating to their case. A man thinks that his sister isn’t part of the problem, but she might be. Brody mentions more of the case against him that he filed the lawsuit about and he tells Raven about why he didn’t tell Avery about the lawsuit. They label the various criminals in the case. We see a crime scene montage. I miss those. I wonder why we don’t see them as much as we used to. Maybe it’s because this is a different show. They find evidence to catch their suspects. Meanwhile, I love the false flashbacks that shows have.

The fifth part has the supercookie explained. They are using it to catch flash squad, their perpetrators. The team finds the location of where flash mob is. They make it seem like different cops are after them in order to actually catch them. D B goes on his date. He seems to enjoy it for the most part. His girlfriend is considering moving. What effect will this have on the relationship? Long distance can work. Some people I know would have probably never married if they weren’t long distance at one point. I’m fairly certain that one of my cousin’s kid wouldn’t exist either. Brody and Avery talk about his lawsuit. The FBI drops their charges against Brody. But they are considering getting rid of the hack for good program which would send Raven to jail.


On the next CSI: Cyber, the season (possibly and probably series finale) happens and it looks like someone will die. This better not be a cliffhanger ending. Normally I like a good cliffhanger, but that’s only if the show come back for a future season. I’m definitely a pessimist because I just don’t see that happening. I can’t remember the last regular season CBS scripted show to not end a season in May (or at least April) and come back for a future season. We are lucky that a midseason replacement like this got a second season in the first place. I should tweet ABC to see if they might be interested in this show. But I’m not sure any other network is. I’ll mention more of my thoughts on series finales in terms of quality in the next blog post. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment